First of all, we hope that you and your loved ones are well and that you are
We would like to inform you about the current state of our tournament planning in light of the present COVID19 crisis.
PRINCIPALLY IT IS OUR GOAL TO ORGANISE AND HOST THE TOURNAMENT THIS YEAR AS FAR AS PERMITTED.
However, one of the difficulties we face in this extraordinary time is, that we don't know what the situation will be like in a few weeks, let alone a few months. What are the recommendations of the authorities regarding social distancing or the permitted group sizes? Will the borders be open again and will guests from abroad be able to enter Switzerland without hassle and be able to return to their home countries without difficulty? Unfortunately, no one knows at this time.
THE RAINBOW OPEN TEAM HAS HOWEVER ALREADY DECIDED, THAT WE WILL NOT BE CELEBRATING OUR 20TH ANNIVERSARY WITH THE GRAND BOAT TRIP ON LAKE ZURICH THIS YEAR, BUT RATHER POSTPONE THE JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS TO 2021.
Should we be permitted to host the tournament this year, it will be in a reduced and simpler form. If the situation in August allows for your participation, we will of course be very pleased. However, if you are not able or no longer willing to participate this year under the given circumstances, we fully understand. You may cancel your participation until July 31st without any costs.
Please go to https://glta.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/tournament?id=AB5972CE-4A93-4315-BD46-A9818D8AF91F
Already paid tournament fees will of course be fully reimbursed.
As soon as it becomes clear whether and in what form the tournament can take place, we will inform you again.
For now we wish you all much perseverance in this extraordinary situation and of course good health.
Stay safe and best regards,
Your Zurich Rainbow Open Team